Is your child ready for one of our activities?
We publish the suitable age range for each of our activities and ensure that your child will have a mutually beneficial experience working with others. Like all educational projects, some children may benefit more than others. Age is not the only indicator that a child will flourish in a computer centred environment.
Some young learners already have an advanced facility with computers which enables them to join groups of older learners, whilst some older learners may need to improve their concentration and collaborative abilities before they can get the best out of our activities.
Here are some things to consider before you book a course ..
- is your child able to concentrate for periods of 10-15 minutes?
- is your child a confident user of a keyboard and mouse?
- is you child familiar with terms such as "Save as", "delete", and "Filename"?
- is you child working at the expected or average literacy level for their age?
- is you child working at the expected or average maths level for their age?
- is your child able to play or work collaboratively with other children?
If you have answered no to any of these questions it does not mean your child will not be suitable for one of our activities. Why not call us to discuss any concerns you may have? We seek to be as accessible as possible to all types of learner.
Special educational needs (SEN)
Many of our students are on the spectrum, and whilst some may face learning challenges in other disciplines, they generally excel in the subjects we deliver. However, we are not a specialist provider and lack the expertise and facilities to meet the needs of children with more extensive SEN needs. Please contact us to discuss your child's needs.