Coronavirus - our response and advice for parents
Our face-to-face activities are currently suspended, but our online games coding courses are an effective way for your child to start or continue their coding journey. Find out more here.
Updated 17th January 2020
Safeguarding measures for face-to-face clubs and courses
We have implemented strong safeguarding procedures to ensure our students are safe. They are stronger than our students are experiencing at school but we believe it is prudent and correct to make every possible effort.
To date our staff and students have been infection free, with no cases of students either becoming infected, or attending sessions whilst infected.
The following are the measures we have put in place to protect our students and staff form Coronavirus infection at our training studio ..
What you need to know before your child attends ..
- Parents will be required to confirm that their child, and everyone in their bubble, has not tested positive for coronavirus.
- Each activity session will accommodate 6 students only (unless siblings attend).
- Students are socially distanced from one another, with an empty workstation between them.
- Parents will not be permitted to enter the training studio, except during taster sessions.
- The students in each club and course activity will effectively be in a bubble, isolated from other students.
- If any student within an activity bubble, or a member of their family, develops symptoms the activity will be suspended and all parents informed.
- In the event that any family member of a student tests positive, all parents will be informed and the activity may be suspended subject to test results. If there is any doubt, the activity will be suspended.
Arriving for a session ..
- If parents and students arrive early, they will be required to socially distance outside the training studio before entering.
- Students will be required to wear a face mask when entering and leaving the room. Thereafter face masks are optional.
- Students will be seated in strict order to maintain social distancing requirements.
- Students will be required to wash their hands at the session start (hand sanitiser will be provided).
At the session ..
- Students will be separated from one another by a vacant workstation place, unless they are siblings.
- Students will not be permitted to move from their workstation except to visit the toilet.
- Students will be required to bring their own drinks and snacks and not to share them.
- A window or door will be open during the sessions to permit ventilation.
- The teacher will wear a face shield at all times, except when teaching the students at an acceptable distance.
- The teacher will not touch a students keyboard or mouse.
Following the session ..
- Students will leave in an orderly fashion wearing their face masks.
- Our computer workstations will be cleaned.
These safety measures will be reviewed in line with government advice and may be subject to change at any time.
You can also read our terms & conditions here.
If you have any questions please do ask.
Thanks for reading. Stay safe.
Matt & Lucy