Our Scratch coding online video lessons are an ideal way for your child to experience our lessons at home.
Try a FREE lesson.
A portal is a magic doorway to another place. We're going to make a game in which the Cat disappears when he touches a portal and then re-appears from another portal.
NOTE: You can use any version of Scratch.
Complete these steps ..
1. Open Scratch, OR create a new game (from the top menu choose "File>New").
2. Re-name sprite1 "Cat".
3. Click on the "Paint new sprite" button .. .. and paint a simple portal like this ..
4. Name it "Portal 1".
Now duplicate Portal 1, re-name it "Portal 2" and change its colour.
5. Drag them to arrange Portal 1 and 2 in the corners of the stage like this ..
6. Click the "only face left right" button ..
If you are using Scratch desktop add this code ..
Carefully add this code/scripts to the Cat ..
Press "B" to test your game.
When you are ready press "E" to end your game and continue working on it.
7. Use the File menu to save your game. Call it "Portal" ..
8. Well done! You've finished this tutorial.