Our Scratch coding online video lessons are an ideal way for your child to experience our lessons at home.
Try a FREE lesson.
Make a bee change its costume to create a better movement animation.
NOTE: You can use any version of Scratch.
Complete these steps ..
1. Open Scratch, OR create a new game (from the top menu choose "File>New").
2. Right click on sprite1 (the cat) under the stage, and select "delete" ..
3. Click on the "paint new sprite" button under the stage ..
.. or click here ..
.. and click this button ..
.. and paint a bee ..
When you've finished click "OK" and change it's name from sprite1 to "Bee" ..
4. Click on the Bee's "Costume" tab ..
Next, click on the "Copy" button to copy the costume .. OR ..
.. right-click the costume thumbnail to duplicate (copy) it ..
5. Now either click the "Edit" button for "costume2" ..
.. OR .. simply select the new costume ..
Erase the wings, then re-draw them so they are a different shape, something like this ..
When you're finished click "OK". You should now have 2 different costumes ..
5. Switch to the Scripts/Code tab and add this code/scripts ..
Press the "B" key on your keyboard to test your game.
When you are ready, press the "E" key to end your game and continue working on it.
7. Use the File menu to save your game. Name it "Costume change v1" ..
8. Well done, you've finished this tutorial!